We are looking for an experienced HGV Technician to head up our fleet maintenance workshop catering for our fleet of 60 vehicles ranging from 3Tonne Rigids to Tractor units along with associated trailers.
Our business is growing, and our ambitions is to increase revenue even further which will call for an ever more efficient fleet transport department. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced technician who already has a Team Leader/Foreman role, or someone who is looking to take their first steps in management.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified to a minimum of NVQ/BTEC or City & Guilds Level 3 in Heavy Vehicle maintenance and would have served a relevant apprenticeship within a franchised dealer environment.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a HGV Technician.
- A full UK driving license, with a minimum of Class 2 but preferably a Class 1.
- Have excellent communication and IT skills and a good understanding of workshop scheduling and management procedures.
- You will have experience in the use of Fleet Workshop Management software systems and controlling Technicians time management. Knowledge of R2C HGV compliance and workshop loading software would be a district advantage, as we aim to achieve gain DVSA Earned Recognition for our workshop facility.
- Experienced in vehicle diagnostics along with general maintenance and planned servicing for both vehicles and trailers.
- The ability to carry out Tachograph maintenance would also be advantageous but not essential.
- Manufacturer based Training and experience with DAF, Volvo, Scania or Mercedes would be a distinct advantage to this role.
- You will be responsible for completing all the relevant official documentation, therefore you will be fully compliant with the latest VOSA regulations.
- You will be required to carry out Pre-MOT preparation work and scheduled inspections for both vehicles and trailers.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Senior Technician or Foreman/Team Leader to join a newly formed team and facility. It would suite a candidate who would like to step up and take administrative, as well as diagnostic responsibility in the new workshop created for the company's expanding vehicle fleet.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org