There are two distinct elements to this role, firstly the QA (Quality Assurance) responsible for the Quality Management System and secondly the QC (Quality Control) responsible for the day to day operational quality control and inspection.
The role is to have responsibility for implementation of the Quality management System within the company primarily focussing on and maintaining our ISO 9001 approval.
The role holder will also be responsible for day to day operational Quality control and inspection matters to ensure that product is controlled and released timeously for customer shipment.
Reporting to Managing Director
Principle Elements and Job Responsibilities
- Ensure successful ISO9001 registration
- Liaise with customer and LRQA quality representatives and auditors to achieve positive outcomes
- Report on company quality objectives to Manging Director/Board and follow up on the management review outcomes to improve company performance
- Ensure internal audit schedule is prepared and timetable followed
- Ensure First Point Assessment website information is maintained and up to date
- Maintain the Approved Supplier list and report supplier performance to management meetings
- Draw up and maintain SPS purchasing specifications
- Co-ordinate the customer satisfaction survey and report findings to management
- Complete and return vendor questionnaires timeously
- Record and report on complaints on suppliers and from customers
- Organise SPS inspections, goods in and customer at Remote warehouses
- Investigate and action MDR/NCR and internal quality issues to resolve and formalise corrective/preventative actions
- Prepare certification packages for customer orders where required.
- Oversee our 3rd party sub-contract testing
- Organise customer and third-party inspection and witness testing
- Oversee Organise filing, scanning and archiving of mill test certificates
- Support sales with technical spec reviews and sample certificate requests
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent communication skills.
- Leadership and management Skills including a strong team working ethic.
- Planning and project management skills.
- The ability to interpret data and statistics and present accurate reports to Senior Management for review and Action.
- Knowledge of and ability to use quality evaluation and investigation tools to be able to establish root cause analysis and improvement planning. Candidate must have skills to manage day to day internal quality issues to resolve.
- Relevant skills with technology and ability to use Microsoft packages including Access.
- Experience required with Quality Standards and processes including ISO 9001/ ISO 19011 and the candidate must have the ability to implement, maintain and improve QMS system.
- Quality Auditing experience essential with evidence of qualifications in this field. Ability to review audit findings, identify and implement improvements to processes. Candidate should also have the ability to manage any customer or LRQA audits to a successful conclusion.
- Experience in customer complaints and resolution. This should also include the ability to manage and control customer complaints from receipt to satisfactory conclusion.
- Experience with Supplier assessment and approval. You will have experience in evaluating suppliers and maintaining the Approved supplier list.
- Experience of working in a steel stockholding or metal supply environment (Desirable but not essential)
- Experience of Rolled steel products and technical requirements of said products (Desirable but not essential)
Degree or Certified Qualification in a relevant Quality Management Discipline. Suitable evidence of experience within such an Environment will be considered.
External or Internal Auditing Qualification certification required, Suitable evidence of experience within such an Environment will be considered.
Relevant qualification in Health and Safety to IOSH OR NEBOSH desirable. Demonstrable experience in HSE will be considered.
Full Driving license essential.
To apply please email: firstname.lastname@example.org