Salary: Starting on £8.91 per hour + monthly performance based bonus up to £100.00
Hours: Mondays to Fridays, 8.00am to 6.00pm.
We are looking for a reliable machine operator, to efficiently operate automated steel processing machines and maintain a high level of production. As well as working to health and safety standards.
Applicants should be self-motivated and capable of working on their own initiative. Experience in a similar environment is advantageous, but not required.
MAIN JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
· To load and efficiently operate machinery you have been trained in and to maintain operational efficiency as agreed with the Production Manager.
· To ensure the quality of production work is in line with the standards set out by the Quality Manager.
· To ensure the T Card (or alternative) progress system is kept up to date in real time, so the Sales Department, Production Department and the Management team can monitor tickets in progress throughout the facility for all shifts.
· To ensure T Cards are moved in a timely and orderly fashion in accordance with the processing order defined by the Team Leader/Production Controller/Production Manager.
· To ensure all production processes and paperwork are completed legibly and accurately consistently and handed in to the correct departmental personnel in a timely manner.
· To time manage the material presented to the machine so as to ensure that work flows through each stage of the production processes in the most efficient manner.
· To complete the machine job accurately and prepare for dispatch in accordance with delivery requirements i.e. Banded, Labeled, & Stacked appropriately for loading.
· To ensure that any Technical and/or Safety bulletins for Processing Machinery distributed to each machine operative is adhered to.
· To ensure machinery is operated in line with published SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) at all times.
· To ensure good housekeeping is maintained throughout the Production work areas and machinery on a daily basis. This will include timely TPM (Total Preventative Maintenance) schedules are adhered to.
· To comply with the dress code, HSE and quality standards agreed within the company and to have personal responsibilities for the application of policies and procedures established for the department.
Experience in a similar role / environment.
To apply, please email your CV to HR@industrialmetal.co.uk