We are pleased to announce that due to continued success and expansion within our field, we are inviting applications for an experienced buyer to join our Central Purchasing team based in Shoeburyness. We are looking for a confident, capable and motivated Buyer who is able to own and develop end to end stock replenishment activities over our Mainland UK Depot Network. Experience within the Steel Stockholding industry would be an advantage, however training will be provided through your induction and thereafter. This role is fundamental to ensuring we retain our competitive edge and material availability over our existing 14 sites and improve our brand as a leading service provider in Steel supplies nationally. High level Excel experience would be a distinct advantage in any application received.
- Monitoring current unsold stocks and acting to replenish to efficient stock levels within the Depots.
- To identify, define and execute the lowest total cost stock replenishment to the Company Depots within the existing Group wide Purchasing Policy.
- Generating and maintaining Purchase Orders & Transfer Orders with our suppliers, supply chain partners & depots while ensuring cost, specification and product accuracy.
- Reductions of on hand slow moving or obsolete stocks through relocation within our Depot network.
- Support Depot requirements with suppliers for Depot deliveries and materials.
- Collating & distributing market intelligence in relation to product costs, availability and trends.
- Maintaining all internal and external communications within your remit.
- Liaison with Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager and Depot Managers.
- Completing monthly reporting analysis as required.
- Other duties as required to facilitate the Purchasing Department & Depot Network performance.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Sound experience within Strategic Purchasing and Supply Chain principles with a proven track record.
- Experience within the Steel sector would be advantageous but not critical as training will be given.
- Well organised and able to multi task in a results driven and competitive environment.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Attention to detail and the ability to handle large volumes of data.
- Proactive, approaching stock replenishment logically and within company policy.
- Competent in Microsoft Office software.
- High level MS Excel experience (including Pivot Tables) would be distinctly advantageous in this application due to the high volume of data required to justify stock replenishment.
- Positive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and grow within the department and group.
- £20-24k depending on experience.
- 20 Days holiday per bank holidays plus Christmas shut down.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- Initial and ongoing training and development from experienced team members.
- Located in Shoeburyness
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org